Move over, Ms L!

Hi all, wondering why you are looking at this jumbled up page? This is due to the fact that Facebook didn't like our url since it starts with wog, so we have been forced to move the blog. This was some time ago, and we have placed a script which would automatically send you to our new location. Obviously, this hasn't worked for all of you, since we have just finished moderating some of your comments which appeared on this site recently, and not on our new (and improved!) site. So what we're saying is head on over to our new site, and update your bookmarks!

Thursday 6 December 2012

The Christmas song - two versions

There appears to be two different versions of Paul McCartney's rendition of the old standard, "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire)". One is with strings (on the digital album Complete Kisses) and one is without (on the Hear Music compilation Holidays Rule, as well as on the new Christmas single from Paul). In addition, the Christmas single includes Paul's own "Wonderful Christmastime" in a remastered version. And if that wasn't enough, the single (a 45 rpm vinyl disc) is available in two different vinyl colours, red and green. Also, the single is plastic wrapped, so you won't know which colour you get until you take the wrapping off.
It was previously believed that the version of "Wonderful Christmastime" on the new single would be by the band "The Shins", as this was the version included on the Hear Music comp, but now that the single has materialised, it turned out to be Paul's original recording. The single is a limited edition release, and has already turned up at inflated prices on ebay.

10 comments:

MP3J said...

my copy (green vinyl) has no label!!

wogew said...

I heard today that only 2000 copies has been pressed....

Anonymous said...

I bought two. They should be here next week. I'll report back with the colors!

Anonymous said...

Well, I got mine today. Two red ones!

shekespeare said...

Where I can be buy a copy of Christmas Kisses, Elusive Disc is no long publicated?

wogew said...

You need to go to ebay now, that's your best chance. Unless you can find one in a record store, that is.

vagma said...

I ordred two. They have not arrived yet so I dont know the colours.

shekespeare said...

Hi Roger, fortunately I did not need to buy it on Eaby where the salesman have charge overprice. I bought it at Amazon Canada at a great price, came in green vinyl. Greetings!

wogew said...

That's great! I got me a red one from Elusive disc. It was just 4$ but the postage was $19!

Mike said...

I work in a music store in Canada. Ordered 4 copies hoping to get 2 of each, wound up with 4 green ones. Oh well. I resealed 3 and kept 1 open for myself. Its still "available" in the catalog so I ordered 4 more, but I know they'll never come in. You never know though. Maybe someone in the world will "return" unsold stock, then it'll ship to us. Highly doubtful, but you never know I guess. I'm happy I have 4 of them regardless. I was lucky to get em.