Move over, Ms L!

Hi all, wondering why you are looking at this jumbled up page? This is due to the fact that Facebook didn't like our url since it starts with wog, so we have been forced to move the blog. This was some time ago, and we have placed a script which would automatically send you to our new location. Obviously, this hasn't worked for all of you, since we have just finished moderating some of your comments which appeared on this site recently, and not on our new (and improved!) site. So what we're saying is head on over to our new site, and update your bookmarks!

Saturday 29 September 2012

Vinyl remasters, an expensive book


So, the Beatles remastered albums on vinyl finally hit the big news media. I must confess that I think this is a very expensive way to buy a book, which is all I need from this boxed set. So I'm going to pass. I already have all the albums, bought one at a time in the seventies. Got them all in stereo, got them all in mono. Even the rare first mono version of Revolver. I think I must have around six Revolvers and five Sgt. Pepper's. And remasters? Got them on CD. And digital. And the eighties CD's. If they were remixes, I might have bought them. Loved what they did to the songs on Yellow Submarine Songtrack. This release however, leaves me cold.

Ah, but that book.... sigh.
Meanwhile, there'¨s been a big drop in price over at Amazon (UK), where the original price for the boxed set was listed as £445.40, now it's gone down to £299.99.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put it this way. There ain't nothing gonna be in that book that ain't been in Mojo a hundred times already. Try 'Ten Years that shook the World'. And it's Kevin Howlett, not Mark Lewisohn. ;-)

Anonymous said...

However, I'm not too sure that the new album packages themelves aren't going to be desirable, as I've found most of the post-1994 Apple vinyl packages to be.

The vinyl itself is ludicrous as remaster. Analogued digital analogue.